Saturday, October 11, 2008

SO FAR..... I'm a little tired





Really, it did felt like I slept in because I normally get up a little before 5 am. So, after getting my extra two hours of sleep, I made the kids their breakfast and started getting them to their soccer uniforms. I delayed getting their shin-guards on until right before we headed out, that way, they could play a little longer. After around an hour of playing in G's room, we headed out... so far so good.... The soccer game went fairly well too, Yay! After soccer we picked up Jess (my sis) and Little Miss A (my niece) and headed to P'cola, to the OktoberFest thrown by my kids' (H, L & S) parents. The ride to Pensacola was good; in fact, we had a great time at the Oktoberfest too! We saw a fairly good magic show (although a little long, 45-55 minutes as a clown was showing off his skills). Then, we had some artistic face painting done. We joined in a cakewalk (which S informed me that he thought it was called a "cape walk" and he would be winning a cape instead of a take home cake). The kids also helped dunk people into the dunking booth (by pushing the button, instead of throwing the ball). In addition, all the girls loved going down the huge, giant slide over and over again.
The time-telling sign that it was time to go was when within a three (3) minute time span all of the kids (H, L & S) had their own individual meltdowns (each one of the kids was unaware of the other kids' spells ). My child proceeded to have one in the car shortly thereafter and well let's just say I AM POOPED. Not only did we then have a hour an a half drive home still, but then once we got home, we went to my grandmother's house for a birthday party for my 3 year old nephew Mr. H. and, man, do I feel like I just ran a marathon (although not speaking from experience here or anything)!I've also just finished restoring my computer due to a bug (I believe) we downloaded from the site LimeWire. I highly recommend music listeners not use this site; no matter how wonderful it sounds. Since we downloaded it to our computer last month, everything has been shutting down randomly and then rebooting, amongst other things. Again, I really do not recommend it. I hope that that was the answer to all my problems. We just have really bad luck with computers it seems. Speaking of computers, I tried my best to wipe out our old one last night to make it accommodating for the kids this weekend. So far so good too! I was not able to take it to a restore point, but I was able to clean out most of the memory (which as per my conversation with our computer guy, the memory, or lack thereof was one of the main factors in the reasons behind it being a terrible computer). But, as far as G is concerned, she is now the proud owner of a semi-fully functional computer to play her "educational" games (Shush! Don't tell her that they are good for her!), at her will, with mommy and daddy's permission of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment